Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking
Human trafficking happens everywhere, in every country and across all social groups. More than 27 million men, women and children are trafficked within and across international borders by air, sea and ground transportation and kept in hotels or other public housing for commercial sex or forced labor.
As a socially responsible company and signatory of the Tourism Child-Protection Code of Conduct, CorpTrav is committed to combating commercial sexual exploitation of children. CorpTrav stands firm in our resolve to create awareness of sex trafficking of children by utilizing our professional resources in the corporate travel and tourism industry.
CorpTrav supports the practice of responsible, sustainable business travel and tourism by joining together with travel companies from around the world.
The Code is an organization specifically created to be a child protection tool used by the travel industry to combat the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) in the context of business travel and tourism activities. By joining The Code and encouraging responsible actions, CorpTrav plays an essential role in protecting children from the exploitation that is particularly prevalent in this industry.
You may not realize that there are things you can do as an individual to create awareness and help put a stop to human trafficking.
6 Things Individuals Can Do To Help Prevent Human Trafficking
- Take the Slavery Footprint Survey and learn how many slaves work for you –based on the things you purchase, wear, eat, use and purchase on a daily basis.
- Demand that your senators, representatives, and government officials make fighting slavery a top priority. Here’s how you can contact them: Senator | Representative
- Fight slavery in the checkout line by learning about and refraining from purchasing items often produced by forced labor. Learn more: Bureau of International Labor Affair’s Toolkit for Responsible Businesses.
- Help report, document, and track cases of trafficking in your community and around the globe.
- Use your investments to fight slavery, not feed slavery. Take action to ensure slavery-free investments.
- Get educated and learn the facts. Then, boldy use social media and opportunities in your community and sphere of influence to speak up. Follow @TheCodeOrg, @Polaris_Project, @ChildSafe_Intl, @UNICEFUSA, @EndTraffick, @ECPAT, @ECPATUSA, @EndItMovement and others on Twitter and help spread the message.